• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Elon Buys Twitter [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS AND INSULTS]

Are you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheLastStarfighter

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Yes, of course we do.

That doesn't mean we don't have standards at all, though. We all define murder differently, too. That doesn't mean we disallow murder cases.

And the Babylon Bee violated the Terms of Service. It's not funny, or a joke, to the people being abused or killed. And it's not a joke when it's exactly what the abusers are piling onto people seriously.

-Crissa
Yes, a significant portion of the population define abortion as murder. That doesn't mean we should ban discussion of abortion, promotion of abortion options or humor that makes fun of anti-abortion activists. Or does it? I have no doubt that Babylon's joke would be hurtful to many people. Are blonde jokes hurtful to blonde people and/or women for reinforcing stereotypes? In Canada we have "Newfie" jokes which are common and always feature a person from the province of Newfoundland as being stupid/backward. Newfoundlanders do not like the jokes, or the term Newfie. There are redneck jokes. Religious jokes. Racial jokes. Where is the line that cannot be crossed?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Where is the line that cannot be crossed?
The line at which people are being discriminated, assaulted, vandalized, killed?

As your example... Rednecks aren't being assaulted on their way to work, or denied equal access to courts, jobs, and schools. And they aren't being killed for who they are or where they were born.

Seems pretty damn simple.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Ongoing problem that people lack their own conviction and discernment and are triggered by certain statements as a herd response = "politics".

Politics (from Greek: Πολιτικά, politiká, 'affairs of the cities') is the set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations among individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status.

Easy solution: Abolish free speech, then we can only talk politics! lol :p

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m not ‘triggered’ by politics.

It just makes me sad seeing how stupid people can get when they argue about certain topics. It’s hard to respect people when they turn into idiots as soon as some topics come up.

My faith in humanity is thin enough so I avoid politics.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I’m not ‘triggered’ by politics.

It just makes me sad seeing how stupid people can get when they argue about certain topics. It’s hard to respect people when they turn into idiots as soon as some topics come up.

My faith in humanity is thin enough so I avoid politics.
The irony is that talking about free speech triggers political voices that then close down any speech here on this forum by shutting down the thread.

This is not humanity, it is the absence of it.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
People can say whatever the hell they want. be it the internet or a public space. If I , or u dont like it, too bad. But Twitter PrElon didnt allow this as far as i know example: banning trumps account for spreading lies.

But if people are being assaulted or targeted in someway it needs to be moderated and prevented.

the net is like a 4th dimension, both a time capsule and a reflection and melting pot of current views (at least of those participating on it) Thus new laws need to be made.
Hopefully Elon will realize this and not JUST make it about "well if its legal in public spaces, it should be legal on twitter"

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
People can say whatever the hell they want. be it the internet or a public space. If I , or u dont like it, too bad. But Twitter PrElon didnt allow this as far as i know example: banning trumps account for spreading lies.

But if people are being assaulted or targeted in someway it needs to be moderated and prevented.

the net is like a 4th dimension, both a time capsule and a reflection and melting pot of current views (at least of those participating on it) Thus new laws need to be made.
Hopefully Elon will realize this and not JUST make it about "well if its legal in public spaces, it should be legal on twitter"
@Newton, you are witness to a Twitter emergence as neither Cathedral nor Bazaar but commons. A commons eclipsing media, politics and meaning as “kind” of platform but space that is disintermediated by design for human voiced narrative, as in mano mano (face-to-face).
Persons able to voice bots, avatars, Associations, pseudonyms, etc…who have, for so long, enjoyed Twitter ‘handle‘ anonymity, henceforth will fail to clear, forge or manipulate authentication thresholds Twitter is set to implement for tiered access. A step-up to the microphone analogy ‘state your name’ protocol or shout from the bleachers faceless section or protest outside the fence en masse with all other non-authenticated nameless masses.

No laws necessary in cyberspace. Doxxing and hate crimes follow into RL where consequences exist by jurisdiction

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
How could any discussion about Twitter NOT turn into a politics dumpster fire?
So its not EMs fault after all? Must be a virus then.

Virus;
a piece of code which is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect, such as corrupting the system or destroying data.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No laws necessary in cyberspace. Doxxing and hate crimes follow into RL where consequences exist by jurisdiction
Bull crap. Trolls and bots steal time, bandwidth, and processor cycles. They interrupt conversations, they confuse and mislead people into injure, and they do so anonymously or through intermediaries. They push scams and phishing expeditions and steal and reprint and slander.

They need consequences fit for the damages. If no one's injured, then it should be light; a muting, a reduced range of broadcast, targeted banning. When it gets more serious, it ramps into real money, real-world consequences.

It's not so fun when it's you that gets targeted.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Bull crap. Trolls and bots steal time, bandwidth, and processor cycles. They interrupt conversations, they confuse and mislead people into injure, and they do so anonymously or through intermediaries. They push scams and phishing expeditions and steal and reprint and slander.

They need consequences fit for the damages. If no one's injured, then it should be light; a muting, a reduced range of broadcast, targeted banning. When it gets more serious, it ramps into real money, real-world consequences.

It's not so fun when it's you that gets targeted.

-Crissa
Not sure how you came to that conclusion, maybe re-read the post? He wants Twitter users to only be able to post with ID and not anonymously outside of reach of the law.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
So Tesla just went from spending 0 on advertising.. to spending $44B. haha.

Oh and totally free speech... except that one kid who wanted a car in exchange for taking his elon flight tracker account down. That kid's account is cancelled. So he wouldn't give the kid a 50k car.. but he'd spend 44b to shut that kids account down in the name of free speech! Can't wait to read about that act of protecting free speech...

lol

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Not sure how you came to that conclusion, maybe re-read the post? He wants Twitter users to only be able to post with ID and not anonymously outside of reach of the law.
Yeah.. translation.. "Free speech", in exchange for global ID tracking (blue verified mark) database that EM controls. Thats what I read. hahaha.

So glad I never gave a crap about Twitter and have never participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.