• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Elon buys Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
He's been trimming his boardroom duties, maybe he didn't like the schedule?

-Crissa
One of the conditions reported joining the board was to not own more than 14.x %. I cannot remember the exact figure.

unsure if that had anything to do with anything. Since I was late to the party, I did not buy any Twitter shares. So, I am watching with popcorn what Monday’s movement will be. I just don’t know.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
One of the conditions reported joining the board was to not own more than 14.x %. I cannot remember the exact figure.

unsure if that had anything to do with anything. Since I was late to the party, I did not buy any Twitter shares. So, I am watching with popcorn what Monday’s movement will be. I just don’t know.
Yeah, he's probably gonna buy the whole thing.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Unfortunately, those with an agenda will use money to create an issue based on a lie, and push it till it grows legs. aka FUD.

Over time, a strong enough movement will establish to perpetuate on its own. The lie becomes real.

The anti Musk stuff stems from a variety of enemies.

Amazing, Musk leaves them all in his wake.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Yeah, he's probably gonna buy the whole thing.
Twitter-verse?

Monday markets have one play - that on Twitter dying. At best, Elon speech indicates he’s sending Twitter to an early grave for mere cost of single digit % price.

Its history is that no one can control Twitter, not even Jack. Its inherently a flaw. In the fabric of Internet, Elon would not buy into the flaw. SO Elon is stomping the bird.

Edit: Elon is off the BOD, interestingly

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
He's been trimming his boardroom duties, maybe he didn't like the schedule?

-Crissa
Something weird is going on and I don't like the distraction if he gets in trouble with the SEC.

Elon's tweet to xxx celebrity to tweet more more would only serve to lower the value as if he wanted to buy more. By not joining the board he can increase his stake to more than 14.9% but with less? influence.

Obviously Elon doesn't need the money. I think he is trying to curtail extremism. The problem is toning down the rhetoric is boring and not good for sales/volume. If he sacrifices Twitter in the name of curtailing extremism something else will just take its place. (as it tends to every 10 years anyway).

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Something weird is going on and I don't like the distraction if he gets in trouble with the SEC.

Elon's tweet to xxx celebrity to tweet more more would only serve to lower the value as if he wanted to buy more. By not joining the board he can increase his stake to more than 14.9% but with less? influence.

Obviously Elon doesn't need the money. I think he is trying to curtail extremism. The problem is toning down the rhetoric is boring and not good for sales/volume. If he sacrifices Twitter in the name of curtailing extremism something else will just take its place. (as it tends to every 10 years anyway).
Apparently the board was trying to "manage" EM and his free speech.
As expected they didn't get far.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Jumping to conclusions or cited article?
Twitter and news feed. Being part of the board would of limited him to 14.9%. Now he can do what he wants.

Apparently, EM wanted them to turn the Twitter headquarters into a homeless shelter because they don't use it much anyway. Even Bezo thought it was a good idea and gave some tips what Amazon had done.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
....That's not what I said, and you don't seem to understand how directors work. Directors direct policy.

-Crissa
Um I hope I know what a director does, I've been one 5 times, currently am one of two companies. A director is responsible to "direct" the company. Policy is only a small partial function. The main ones are compliance, productivity and profitability, in particular to act in the best interests of the company, as its own corporate body, and not their own.

You said he only gets one vote on the board, and now that he is not on the board he gets none. That's not true, he gets sway by being the dominate shareholder, and can bring a motion to throw directors out that don't perform as he wants. Hence my comments.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Um how were my comments political? Why the deletes? I couldn't care two cents for politics....just trying to make sense of what is going on with Twitter atm and EM.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Um I hope I know what a director does, I've been one 5 times, currently am one of two companies. A director is responsible to "direct" the company. Policy is only a small partial function. The main ones are compliance, productivity and profitability, in particular to act in the best interests of the company, as its own corporate body, and not their own.
So... policy, policy, and policy. Nice comeback you got there, agreeing with me by disagreeing 9-9

And if he increases his shareholding to ten percent, he becomes beholden to the same kind of SEC scrutiny. Bit by bit.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So... policy, policy, and policy. Nice comeback you got there, agreeing with me by disagreeing 9-9

And if he increases his shareholding to ten percent, he becomes beholden to the same kind of SEC scrutiny. Bit by bit.

-Crissa
Do you have a problem with authority? Company and director compliance does not need and is not subject to company policy. It is against the corporations act to not run a company profitably.

Status
Not open for further replies.