• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Elon buys Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
1649208515949.png

New Cybertruck phot.

‘’’look at that mud!
I just noticed those tyres have the same pattern that fit the wheel caps from the reveal.

Does that mean we'll get a removable hubcap option like on the M3 LR?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I took a class about this very idea in college called "Modern Algebra".

In that class, we defined our own symbols and operators - and then explored how they work.

If the new mathematical system you create is internally consistent, it's not quite as open-ended as it would seem. But there are still a lot of possibilities.

Anyone who really wants to dive into this idea should really take that course.
I recommend the book Burn Math Class, it explores math from first principles like this. Pointing out that all operators are basically functions and syntax and how we use the syntax is really artificial, but the underlying numbers seem not to be.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just noticed those tyres have the same pattern that fit the wheel caps from the reveal.

Does that mean we'll get a removable hubcap option like on the M3 LR?
Thats my guess, decent aluminum wheels with aero hubcaps. I’ll probably take mine off unless I’m road tripping.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Geometry trivia: Why does a circle have 360 degrees?

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
A full circle is 360 degrees because the Babylonians used the sexagesimal system. It also represents the number of days a year and also because 360 is highly composite.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A full circle is 360 degrees because the Babylonians used the sexagesimal system. It also represents the number of days a year and also because 360 is highly composite.
I hadn’t realized Babylonians were into that kind of kink. They didn’t teach that in 7th grade world history class.

ReddykwRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CT
I'm very appreciative of Elon's strident support of free speech, his strong negative reaction to suppression and silencing of dissent & alternative viewpoints, and his willingness to fight tyranny in all its forms. I admire his tendency to put his money where his mouth is and take action. I'm looking forward to watching how he addresses Twitter's descent into authoritarian censorship, and I dropped some cash to buy a bunch of TWTR shares and participate in any shareholder votes he puts forward.
Wish Elon could do the same with this site for the same reasons.

ReddykwRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CT
You'd be hard pressed to find a better person to invest. He's a free speech absolutist, so his goal here is obvious. He's stated that Twitter's algorithms should be open source. Some don't like the idea - including those that work at Twitter - which tells me there is likely things in the code that some people wouldn't like, and how vital openness truly is. If social media is being screened and cultivated, we should now how, and ensure that it isn't bias. Social media is supposed to be user created content, but it is one of the most powerful tools ever for shaping opinions and controlling if not used ethically.

Social Media is the new communications utility of the 21st century, and quickly becoming the most important. It should be a place of 100% free speech, and for the most part free of monitoring. It's illegal for the government or anyone else to read your mail or listen to your phone calls without a warrant. The same should apply to Twitter and Facebook. These companies shouldn't shield you from "dangerous" content or curate what you see. You shouldn't be banned for dissenting views or even misinformation. Users should be able to block content or decide their feed preferences, but companies should not do that in secret. The aggressiveness of muting any questioning of covid vaccines during the pandemic has truly terrified me that we are only a few steps away from a very bad situation. So I welcome this news.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Once again we are trapped in a circle

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Skimmed a hate article recently. The article tried to make Elon a bad guy due to buying Twitter stock and the price increased. Elon already made unrealized profit on his investment makes his act unethical.

Hmmm…

I also liked the solitarily for investors who lost money contact a Lawyer firm over the recent stock price spike.

I am speechless

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Like I said, this site is a club. Abide by it's rules or don't participate. I have no problem with that. Twitter, FB, etc are utilities, and should be bound by free speech in its purest form.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Skimmed a hate article recently. The article tried to make Elon a bad guy due to buying Twitter stock and the price increased. Elon already made unrealized profit on his investment makes his act unethical.
Angry because it’s wrong.

Not because I disagree with the author, but because the whole concept of assigning net worth based on temporary price swings is just stupid.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If this site wasn’t moderated, it would cease to exist.

Political discussion and trolls would take it over and I would leave. Likewise many others who are hear to discuss the Cybertruck.

Lots of places to discuss politics and sportsball. This site is for discussing the Cybertruck. If you don’t like that idea. Then you are free to speech in places which are about politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.