• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Rimac introducing robotaxi for 2026

OP
OP
BannedByTMC

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Rimac has created some impressive vehicles over the years. I remember him from the DIYelectriccar forums when he was just learning how to convert his BMW to EV, he went on to build a world class EV supercar, (years before the new Telsa Roadster has come out by the way).

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
A
Rimac has created some impressive vehicles over the years. I remember him from the DIYelectriccar forums when he was just learning how to convert his BMW to EV, he went on to build a world class EV supercar, (years before the new Telsa Roadster has come out by the way).
Absolutely agree....
Did someone say BUGATTI-RIMAC !?!?

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
Yeah somehow they are in just 2-3 years do what all others have been working on a decade for, with multiple iterations, learnings, huge computing power, etc.

OP
OP
BannedByTMC

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yeah somehow they are in just 2-3 years do what all others have been working on a decade for, with multiple iterations, learnings, huge computing power, etc.
That is generally the way technology progresses, you build off of the work of others and don't have to start from scratch each time.

Giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla MYP / Cybertruck AWD (VIN assigned)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It is a fine looking vehicle, but I question whether or not the Mobileye software will work especially if it's not a general purpose solution (e.g., requires detailed scan data like Waymo and Cruise so brittle and very difficult to scale). I haven't seen any demos of it, either. The other thing is how are they going to scale Verne quickly enough to drive down costs? Particularly with its sensor pack which includes lidar (expensive). Tesla has a huge advantage there. Should be interesting to watch for sure.