• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

ProtectaClear Review by Bearded Tesla Guy

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
Why do you say that? They are using it at Tesla showrooms to keep the fingerprints at bay.
Probably it's a reason they then have even more problems with fingerprints after using it... I swore it off years ago, and get a bit tired when comes up recommended on "influencer" YouTube videos and so it seems everyone now just wants to douse their new trucks in it.

Or is that only if they are using BKF because it "neutralizes" it. What the hell are they smoking?

But frankly, I could fix the bullet holes they are putting in the stainless, and still not use windex.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Probably it's a reason they then have even more problems with fingerprints after using it... I swore it off years ago, and get a bit tired when comes up recommended on "influencer" YouTube videos and so it seems everyone now just wants to douse their new trucks in it.

Or is that only if they are using BKF because it "neutralizes" it. What the hell are they smoking?

But frankly, I could fix the bullet holes they are putting in the stainless, and still not use windex.
Yea it seems like BKF and Windex are the ONLY things people are recommending.
Be cool for someone to do a test panel with SS to show half of it with windex and that windex can damage it

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag

Smoking no, testing yes. We specifically tested the combination and did Ph testing to ensure neutralization.

I’m sorry you don’t like the process we are recommending, but we have done testing on various stainless surfaces and Cybertrucks and are not having any of the detrimental effects you are warning against.

Again, it is a one time use of the Windex before solvent wiping and coating, not enough to do any damage to the substrate.

geoffgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FUSO FG140
Occupation
Recovering Engineer
Country flag
Smoking no, testing yes. We specifically tested the combination and did Ph testing to ensure neutralization.

I’m sorry you don’t like the process we are recommending, but we have done testing on various stainless surfaces and Cybertrucks and are not having any of the detrimental effects you are warning against.

Again, it is a one time use of the Windex before solvent wiping and coating, not enough to do any damage to the substrate.
Have you tried "Stoner Invisible Glass?" It has no ammonia. Contains: isopropyl alcohol, 2-butoxyethanol - a dissolution promoter and acetone a non-polar solvent and water. Ive used on all surfaces for a decade and its never harmed anything while removing grease/grime and leaves a clean, streakless surface.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Have you tried "Stoner Invisible Glass?" It has no ammonia. Contains: isopropyl alcohol, 2-butoxyethanol - a dissolution promoter and acetone a non-polar solvent and water. Ive used on all surfaces for a decade and its never harmed anything while removing grease/grime and leaves a clean, streakless surface.
I would be interested to try it and see how it reacts with the BFK or the ProtectaClear. As long as the cleaners equal a ph neutral and didn’t leave a film, then it should be good to coat with PC.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Once my “normal” AWD CT arrives I plan on performing 3 simple modifications:

-Tint front windows
-Installing a hitch mounted 4th brake light
-Coating the exterior in ProtectaClear liquid resin
I plan to do the exact things plus tint side windows as well. I hope we get an aftermarket brake light for better visibility. I want to keep the hitch open for bike racks and stuff.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
I would be interested to try it and see how it reacts with the BFK or the ProtectaClear. As long as the cleaners equal a ph neutral and didn’t leave a film, then it should be good to coat with PC.
I would be interested to know the results. If you try that product, please post your findings. Thank you!

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
I need to buy mine I guess haha ?

geoffgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FUSO FG140
Occupation
Recovering Engineer
Country flag
Not that it's too expensive, but I run through a lot of Invisible Glass, so I purchase in 5 gallon carboys to refill bottles that are staged in cabinets all around the house, garage and outbuilding. You can thank me later! ?

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
I got to see (and drive) and Cybertruck yesterday and I can vouch that the ProtectaClear gives incredible results. Looks so shiny and new, and totally fingerprint proof.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I plan to do the exact things plus tint side windows as well. I hope we get an aftermarket brake light for better visibility. I want to keep the hitch open for bike racks and stuff.
Same plan, along with adding a digital rear view camera.