• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

We’re almost at 2,000 folks.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
When I retired in 2016 I put a small amount of my 401K into Tesla. Couldn’t afford a used anything from Tesla With the amount I purchased. Now I could get a new S, 3, X and Y!

Still holding.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
When I retired in 2016 I put a small amount of my 401K into Tesla. Couldn’t afford a used anything from Tesla With the amount I purchased. Now I could get a new S, 3, X and Y!

Still holding.
I wish, could only afford a couple shares when I bought in. Hopefully when my Cybertruck comes in I can still put a dent in the price though.

DIYDharma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GL450, Mercedes ML350, Lexus ES330
Country flag
A historic day, closing at $2k. And people said this was insane. Well the stock is insane and is driving itself on autopilot.

Coming up with the 5 for 1 split, each share will likely be around $400 or more come 8/31. Couple that with battery day on 9/22, the stock will likely hit 500 on or after 9/22. Given Austin GF opening, another factory in Asia, Germany pumping out watts, and more SpaceX missions, speculating 800 or so by September next year.

Disclaimer: The above is just my theory (which could be wrong). - not investment advice - I'm not a CFA.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Still holding.
Good for you! Hind sight is 20:20 isn't it? Back in 2016 I didn't have any money to put into Tesla and wasn't a fan. When I realized what I was/wasn't doing I bought a few shares, but just fingers and toes. Not the entire nest egg, but I was hoping the investment would go up enough to pay for the taxes on my CT or, if I was really lucky, the camper. I don't know where this ride is going but I don't think I am going to lose money on it.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Seems a fair amount of irrational exuberance in the stock price since the announcement of the split, but I am happy to take it. Besides, I am in it for the long haul.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Good for you! Hind sight is 20:20 isn't it? Back in 2016 I didn't have any money to put into Tesla and wasn't a fan. When I realized what I was/wasn't doing I bought a few shares, but just fingers and toes. Not the entire nest egg, but I was hoping the investment would go up enough to pay for the taxes on my CT or, if I was really lucky, the camper. I don't know where this ride is going but I don't think I am going to lose money on it.
If I hadn’t retired and able to move my 401K to an IRA, I wouldn’t have been able to get shares. Timing was lucky. The financial advisor for the IRA talked me down to investing a third of what I wanted to invest.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If I hadn’t retired and able to move my 401K to an IRA, I wouldn’t have been able to get shares. Timing was lucky. The financial advisor for the IRA talked me down to investing a third of what I wanted to invest.
Good advice.

ReddykwRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CT
Seems a fair amount of irrational exuberance in the stock price since the announcement of the split, but I am happy to take it. Besides, I am in it for the long haul.
Kathy Wood over at ARK Invest feels that within 10 years 12K / share at a minimum and leaning higher. Nice.

ReddykwRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CT

Still holding.
Therein lies the conundrum. If you "pick the fruit" at say $3000 / share it's never going to be able to mature to $12,000 or beyond and you regret you bailed out at a low altitude. Hang on, we ain't seen nutin yet.

ReddykwRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CT
I recall seeing the writings of some financial soothsayer state that Tesla was overvalued and had felt the value should have been lower, like from $1500 down to $900 / share so I sold and the price stalled and waited for a "dip", yea right, it only fell about $50 / share, then I read about the split so I jumped back in after-hours a week later. Glad I was not napping that would have hurt.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
We talking 12k a share post the 5 for 1 split?