• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

CT buyers: previously purchased a car without driving one?

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
I leased a dodge ram 1500 without ever test driving it. I had never driven a truck before and didn't know if I would like it, so that is why I leased rather than buy.

I LOVED it! But I hated how much gas it used. So when the lease was up I decided to wait until an electric truck came out. I saw the Cybertruck and it was everything and then some! Sadly the production model isn't as good as what was promised and cost twice as much for the dual motor than it was supposed to be. ( advertised at 50k back in 2019, now 100k for the foundation series).

I placed my 1k down in March and was awaiting a VIN. Then there were so many bugs and issues that I placed my Cybertruck order on hold and took advantage of the amazing deals on a model Y. ( I pick it up Monday).

I still plan to get the truck once the 80k version comes out and the issue have been fixed.

I only took the model Y for a 10 minute test drive and fell in love. Tesla are so awesome!

I literally can't wait to get the truck ! So I bought a Y instead, just to hold me over.
I’ve had soooo many cars and the Y is definitely my favorite to date. Should have my CT in a few days, so I’m assuming that will rapidly be changing

I saw the prototype in LA… it’s bigger, but imo the Production model is better aside from the range and price.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
It was faster than most cars of the time, was $20k, and actually pretty rare - made sense to be fair. Was about 450whp by the time I sold it in 2007ish
85089E3A-E82A-47D5-9754-E58DAC1CC18C.jpeg
Oh i certainly didn't mean that as a condescending comment towards Dodge, I just never heard of any of the big names doing that.

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oh i certainly didn't mean that as a condescending comment towards Dodge, I just never heard of any of the big names doing that.
Oh no, not even remotely interpreted that way! Most people didn’t know they did that unless you bought one.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Oh no, not even remotely interpreted that way! Most people didn’t know they did that unless you bought one.
Yeah, i had no idea. I come from a GM family and certainly never heard of GM having that policy, I could be wrong.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Yeah, Dodge wasn't allowing it. You either bought it or you didn't.
Were they pretty popular then? Did they ever tell you why you couldn’t?

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Never test driven any car I have ever owned. Always picked and ordered via phone. Or like a Tesla.
Biggest and strangest was driving a Suburban for the first time. Was like wow this is big.
Does it fit my use case? Does it have four wheels?

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Both my Teslas.. first the Y.. rode in one once, and that’s all it took. Never had been in a 3 before we bought one shortly after as well

OP
OP
L3it3R

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Were they pretty popular then? Did they ever tell you why you couldn’t?
Oh for sure. They were dominating the conversation online, in every magazine back then, etc.
I got mine in November of 2003 and it was the first blue one in the DC area. Was known in all the various circles almost immediately because the car was so disruptive. The sporty/fast cars of the time which weren’t built LS-based or Cobra Mustangs were highly modified DSM or WRX/EVO. This was just as quick for VERY little money. Literally could put a paper clip on the waste gate hose and make +50hp ?

TeslaFan92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’ve had soooo many cars and the Y is definitely my favorite to date. Should have my CT in a few days, so I’m assuming that will rapidly be changing

I saw the prototype in LA… it’s bigger, but imo the Production model is better aside from the range and price.
The selling point of the cybertruck for me was the telescopic tail gate. That would have been so handy.... my favorite feature and it was omitted.