• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla gets misrepresented in the media, nothing new, but how is it so wrong?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
https://evobsession.com/many-have-c...antly-misrepresented-by-the-mainstream-media/

If you're going to write an article in a major media source, you'd think they'd get the details right.

But I can't wonder why they did it, but I can wonder what they did. What is it that's supposedly wrong that these articles were covering? It didn't seem to have anything to do with anything specific to Tesla's products, honestly.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What liberal media, anyhow? No one mentioned liberals.

Corporate billionaires make great targets for the left, but the NYTimes doesn't print people on the far left, generally.

-Crissa

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Citation? Any?

-Crissa
Cigarettes can hurt you. Do you need a citation too. Here we go again. Stop being like this and do you own honest research for the truth.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cigarettes can hurt you. Do you need a citation too. Here we go again. Stop being like this and do you own honest research for the truth.
So you don't have anything, and why are you derailing my thread, again? C'mon, you can do better than this echo-chamber stuff.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Because in Canada the "Liberals" have been particularly bias in reporting the news their way. The media is flooded with this specific social ideology. It is a well know issue.
I am unfamiliar with Canadian news sources. The U.S.has the same issue with Fox News. They are overtly pushing agenda. MSNBC has their own spin. All sources have spin.

A technique I use in news stories is to compare and contrast spin so I can gleam accuracy. Based on the sources who attempt to sway opinion away from facts, I personally rate their feed and eventually cut away repeat offenders. There are also places in the U.S. where viewers do not have a choice due to local monopolization of networks. You only get their viewpoint.

I am curious, do you not like Canadian “liberal” news source because they shape, spin the news or do not like factual reporting you do not agree with?

Only answer if you like, not meaning to put you on the spot.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So you don't have anything, and why are you derailing my thread, again? C'mon, you can do better than this echo-chamber stuff.

-Crissa
"Tesla gets misrepresented in the media, nothing new, but how is it so wrong?"

My answer to your thread is the nature of the "liberal" media in general. It is wrong because it is not the truth. The truth matters...

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
My thread was deleted, what politics did I refer?

edit
I think it was one word, let’s test.

Con
still there

Conserv
All good

….
and it’s gone.

Come on Admin, joking and did not take removing the wrong way by taking a “conservative” approach in ”No Politics” rule.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am unfamiliar with Canadian news sources. The U.S.has the same issue with Fox News. They are overtly pushing agenda. MSNBC has their own spin. All sources have spin.

A technique I use in news stories is to compare and contrast spin so I can gleam accuracy. Based on the sources who attempt to sway opinion away from facts, I personally rate their feed and eventually cut away repeat offenders. There are also places in the U.S. where viewers do not have a choice due to local monopolization of networks. You only get their viewpoint.

I am curious, do you not like Canadian “liberal” news source because they shape, spin the news or do not like factual reporting you do not agree with?

Only answer if you like, not meaning to put you on the spot.
I have lived many years of spins towards the liberals agenda in this country (I am 61) to the point I even make an effort to go and vote needlessly when it is time to do so. Everything I ear and read has been tinted and twisted. In Canada the "NATIONAL" news is always pointed out against Quebec. I daily watch the news in Canadian English, Canadian French and even the US news and you would be very surprised to get the twist in all of it. In the US, I mostly listen to Lester on Channel 4 because of access. I like Lester! I do not get Fox news and other US news.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
BTW, I respect everyone‘s right to have incorrect opinions that differ from my own. ?? let the angry emojis fly.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
BTW, I respect everyone‘s right to have incorrect opinions that differ from my own. ?? let the angry emojis fly.
I am not going down to that level (I do not like "social" media). However, the truth must be looked for...