• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

We Are MARS. We make adventure gear for the adventurous Cybertruck owners.

TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
thanks for your feedbacks! We just discussed the bed extender idea internally this morning and decided to prioritize the development for it. If you're interested in trying out our early prototypes - feel free to send us an DM and we will keep in touch over emails. We'd love to have you try out our early prototypes when they're ready!
Abso-damn-lutely!

Sending that email soon.

P.S. I've thrown this request out on CyberTruck Owners Club to several of your aftermarket competitors as they introduce themselves and their CT acessories and products. You are the first to so interest.

Better luck next time other guys!

Electric Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback! We 100% agree with your thoughts on strapping those tires :ROFLMAO: definitely ruined the clean look a little bit.

Our original idea was to swing door spare tire carrier that mounts to the tow hitch receiver. Would you prefer that or mounting spare tire like you did (or we did) but just with a cleaner mounting plate in the center?
Thanks for your feedback! We 100% agree with your thoughts on strapping those tires :ROFLMAO: definitely ruined the clean look a little bit.

Our original idea was to swing door spare tire carrier that mounts to the tow hitch receiver. Would you prefer that or mounting spare tire like you did (or we did) but just with a cleaner mounting plate in the center?
I think bed mount looks cleaner. Spare tire hanging off the back obviously extends the overall length a bit which might come into play off-roading. The tire sticking up may create drag, lowering range. Yes, a tire mounted over tonneau cover will still have some effect but not as bad. Also bed mount looks more aggressive and doesn’t look like “ Hey, where can we stick a spare?” It just reminds me of a Class C RV.

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series AWD
Country flag
I think bed mount looks cleaner. Spare tire hanging off the back obviously extends the overall length a bit which might come into play off-roading. The tire sticking up may create drag, lowering range. Yes, a tire mounted over tonneau cover will still have some effect but not as bad. Also bed mount looks more aggressive and doesn’t look like “ Hey, where can we stick a spare?” It just reminds me of a Class C RV.
Really appreciate your opinions on it - we generally agree. Personally speaking, I think mounting the spare tires on top also gives you that "rally look" which I dig a lot.

Let us know if you have a Cybertruck and would love to try out our prototype when it comes out! You can send us a DM or email [email protected] ?

Last edited:

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Looks good!!

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Abso-damn-lutely!

Sending that email soon.

P.S. I've thrown this request out on CyberTruck Owners Club to several of your aftermarket competitors as they introduce themselves and their CT acessories and products. You are the first to so interest.

Better luck next time other guys!
Don't want to say anything bad about other makers in this space but I think one thing makes us unique is many on the team actually drive trucks & off-roaders for camping, overlanding & work. Our main goal is to make this vehicle platform as capable as it can be with accessories that actually increase the utility of the truck!

Pulaski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 5500(2021), F-450(2014), Chevy Colorado(2022)
Country flag
Thanks for your input! We're actively working on them at the moment - rock sliders will probably come out sooner than the winch mount. We originally wanted to do tube rock slider and had prototype ready (just like the common ones out there) but went back to the drawing board since it doesn't look good with CT's exterior design language :ROFLMAO:
Glad to hear it! Ordered some crossbars the other day. Looking forward to putting them on.

Jim Waller

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool!

I'm shopping for a bed-extender / tailgate fence.

It would be great to get another 2 ft for plywood, drywall, full length mattress, and room for my electric pump so that I can empty my water tank even faster than what gravity provides... Especially when unloading water on Mars where gravity is only 40% of home.

Manufacturer some of those and some of my money will be yours!

20240603_205155.jpg

20240602_165239.jpg
Same here, my 2003 f150 Harley Davidson had a cargo divider which rotated out to become a bed extender. I think something like this could be incorporated into the L track. The Tesla version of the cargo divider is a bit wonky since it is hard to secure if your bed is not perfectly flat.

Jim Waller

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here, my 2003 f150 Harley Davidson had a cargo divider which rotated out to become a bed extender. I think something like this could be incorporated into the L track. The Tesla version of the cargo divider is a bit wonky since it is hard to secure if your bed is not perfectly flat.
And because I'm an engineer and can't help myself, I think you would need two attachment points on each side of the l track to make kind of a triangle bracket to get the rotation in the right spot extended down towards the bed. I think this would give enough stiffness. Another option of course would be to just physically rotate the whole contraption 180° for each use case but I think the flip forward and back option is the easiest to use.

Jim Waller

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
And if you guys really wanted to be heroes, implementing the first 48v winch would be awesome. Since the current requirements would be 1/16th of a 12 volt winch the whole thing could be much much smaller than the crazy big things you need now for a truck. This would help with aerodynamics and weight and everything else. 48 volts already in the front and I would think you can adjust the gearing to make that work with whatever power is available there. I noticed there are a number of high torque 48 volt motors already for different applications, could probably find one to repackage.

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thing could be much much smaller than the crazy big things you need now for a truck. This would help with aerodynamics and weight and everything else. 48 volts already in the front and I would think you can adjust the gearing to make that work with whatever power is available there. I noticed there are a number of high torque 48 volt mo
Love the idea, thanks Jim!!

It's definitely a lot more integration work to come up with a 48V winch. Being an engineer myself, the biggest challenge (and cost) here would safety/reliability validations, as no one wants to deal with a failed winch (especially if you're in a situation that requires a winch already). I do see the benefit of less current draw can benefit packaging hugely.

We would start reaching out to some leading suppliers in this space and explore opportunities for collaboration. Thanks for the idea!

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How much weight does the expedition rack support? Could a man stand on it?
Yes! They're rated for up to 150 kg (distributed over four attachment points)!

And just for you, Mr. Cyphertruck - we asked our engineer to stand on it just now :ROFLMAO: he's about 180 lbs before dinner.

Tesla Model 2 We Are MARS. We make adventure gear for the adventurous Cybertruck owners. 7bac8e1f67cf4836e221c189b1b1c11