• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
How do you guys see the price action? Is $125 still a possibility?
Possible but not likely, grabbed some at 164 too, but not to sell, holding to 300 or more who knows. Just need 500 shares in case they have another accelerated delivery promo lol but I started at $22 so I’m averaging up now. If it hits 125 I might have to dump your kind of money into it, pretty confident in the longer term!

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag
Made good money on my first few tsla swing trades last year. Got greedy and bought at what ended up being a head fake at $262. Had been stuck there since. Thank God for my Googl and MU stock

I finally went a 100k in at $164 and was able to average down enough to get out at $183 this week with just a few hundred in profit. What a relief.

I feel a lot better now getting partially in at what looks like low 160's again with a likely painful Q2.

Long term is the way to go. I have owned it sub $20 many times traded it and then put a ton in it in 2019 and 2020 lows so it would pay off cyberbeasts lol If I held It would have let me buy 20 of them. Long term ftw. That being said I think low $100s is possible in this environment and I will be a buyer. Debating If I buy a 2nd cybertruck for personal use vs business or just invest in tsla for the next 12 months....

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Stock price both short and mid term relies on Tesla delivering more vehicles and Elon staying off Twitter.
Cybertruck is not a huge impact to revenue but it is a confidence metric and the stock will do better if all the significant issues with the CT get ironed out. It is a bad news story when people have their trucks shut off on the road and need towed due to the wiring harness. If they can show that more people want the truck besides the wealthy for a luxury vehicle and keep Elon off Twitter the stock has a good chance of seeing some of the former glory it had.

THEgasMAN

First Name
Nosrat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Anesthesiologist
Country flag
Made good money on my first few tsla swing trades last year. Got greedy and bought at what ended up being a head fake at $262. Had been stuck there since. Thank God for my Googl and MU stock

I finally went a 100k in at $164 and was able to average down enough to get out at $183 this week with just a few hundred in profit. What a relief.

I feel a lot better now getting partially in at what looks like low 160's again with a likely painful Q2.

send me your account and routing numbers and I send you some money to make up for your losses. who gives a #%$$%# what you bought or sold? Got laid lately? Do tell.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag

I had 1000 shares and sold 1/2 at 230 (my cost is around 170) and bought 20 puts (210, 190) which I have since sold for a profit. I still have 500 shares and 170 puts which I will probably sell (puts) after the first quarter earnings call, but doubt if I buy more stock unless it goes to 100-125. The money I got when I sold 500 shares at 230, I bought MSFT, GOOG and NVDA. My 100 shares in NVDA is now worth more than my 504 shares of TSLA.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Stocks (especially this stock) perform based on expectations, not on the reality of the earnings. Q1 expectations are extremely low. The word bloodbath has been used so many times already. Seems ripe for an upside surprise.

Outlook also has a big role in this. The Q4 outlook was basically worst case scenario, and the stock has been punished for it. All it would take is a mention of recognizing increased FSD revenue or an improving outlook, or improving margins, and the stock could easily take off back towards the mid or high 200's. And that's without any new announcements.

I took moderate profits in 2020 and missed the exponential run that happened later that year. Won't be making that mistake again.

thedownwardmachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MSP, stalks ftw
Country flag
The best reason to own TSLA is so that, when the bots decide to reappropriate all our atoms, they'll save the shareholders for last. Like how Robocop couldn't arrest the board members of OCP.

Just a thought.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Stocks (especially this stock) perform based on expectations, not on the reality of the earnings. Q1 expectations are extremely low. The word bloodbath has been used so many times already. Seems ripe for an upside surprise.

Outlook also has a big role in this. The Q4 outlook was basically worst case scenario, and the stock has been punished for it. All it would take is a mention of recognizing increased FSD revenue or an improving outlook, or improving margins, and the stock could easily take off back towards the mid or high 200's. And that's without any new announcements.

I took moderate profits in 2020 and missed the exponential run that happened later that year. Won't be making that mistake again.
I have been holding the stock since 2016 and ordered a model 3 in the same year (took delivery in 2018). I sold all my stocks in late 2019 and early 2020 (because of covid) and bought back in April 2020 (mostly value stocks). At that time tesla was range bound between 200 and 300 and I was waiting for it to come back to 300 but it kept rising and I was forced to buy back in at 1500 pre split. 2020 was a very unusual event for tesla as it finally produced a profit, had rapid deployment of the model y and the shanghi plant as well as entry into the S&P 500 and finally a five to one stock split.

Other than the successful deployment of FSD, it is very unlikely that tesla will see anything like the growth in share price that it had in 2020.

Until proven otherwise, tesla is a car company with very little debt, that produces nice cars but does not deserve a 60 p/e with little or no growth.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I have been holding the stock since 2016 and ordered a model 3 in the same year (took delivery in 2018). I sold all my stocks in late 2019 and early 2020 (because of covid) and bought back in April 2020 (mostly value stocks). At that time tesla was range bound between 200 and 300 and I was waiting for it to come back to 300 but it kept rising and I was forced to buy back in at 1500 pre split. 2020 was a very unusual event for tesla as it finally produced a profit, had rapid deployment of the model y and the shanghi plant as well as entry into the S&P 500 and finally a five to one stock split.

Other than the successful deployment of FSD, it is very unlikely that tesla will see anything like the growth in share price that it had in 2020.

Until proven otherwise, tesla is a car company with very little debt, that produces nice cars but does not deserve a 60 p/e with little or no growth.
You perfectly describe the prevailing narrative (expectation) about Tesla. It assumes tesla's growth story is over. That may be the current expectation, but it is short term thinking. When expectations are for no growth, and all the sudden something changes to show promise of strong growth to come, there can be immense upward pressure on the stock price. IMO this is inevitably going to happen, it's just a question of when. Could be years. Or it could be during the Q1 earnings call.

P/E is currently 40, which is quite reasonable for a growth stock. Over the last 3 years Teslas PE has ranged from 31 (very briefly) to near 150. Most of that time it was between 65 and 90. That shows investors consider Tesla a tech company, not an auto company.

Tesla Model 2 . 1711829607099-6z

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

You're likely going to regret that, IMO.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

Lol so I'm guessing you haven't heard of Tesla Energy products, the AI / Fsd software, Optimus, etc. As for no growth, that ignores market conditions everyone is facing, as well as an upcoming mass market vehicle.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Stock price both short and mid term relies on Tesla delivering more vehicles and Elon staying off Twitter.
Cybertruck is not a huge impact to revenue but it is a confidence metric and the stock will do better if all the significant issues with the CT get ironed out. It is a bad news story when people have their trucks shut off on the road and need towed due to the wiring harness. If they can show that more people want the truck besides the wealthy for a luxury vehicle and keep Elon off Twitter the stock has a good chance of seeing some of the former glory it had.
Significant CT issues? You're buying into the FUD my friend. The CT is not a luxury vehicle - it's a truck in the price range of an ICE truck.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
You perfectly describe the prevailing narrative (expectation) about Tesla. It assumes tesla's growth story is over. That may be the current expectation, but it is short term thinking. When expectations are for no growth, and all the sudden something changes to show promise of strong growth to come, there can be immense upward pressure on the stock price. IMO this is inevitably going to happen, it's just a question of when. Could be years. Or it could be during the Q1 earnings call.

P/E is currently 40, which is quite reasonable for a growth stock. Over the last 3 years Teslas PE has ranged from 31 (very briefly) to near 150. Most of that time it was between 65 and 90. That shows investors consider Tesla a tech company, not an auto company.

1711829607099-6z.png
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/TSLA/key-statistics

forward p/e of 56 (past is history)