• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

ProtectaClear Cybertruck Application Video w/ Before & After Results

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Here is the video showing the preparation and application required to protect a Tesla Cybertruck 30X Stainless Steel finish with ProtectaClear.

Cybertruck Specialty Kit information, preparation, application of ProtectaClear, drying and coating tips, before and after pictures and contact information.

Time Stamps:
0.01: Introduction and notes about ProtectaClear on Cybertrucks
1:19: Unboxing of Cybertruck Specialty Kit
5:17: Preparation of Surface
5:50: Application
9:01 Drying and Curing information
9:47 Support Options and Contact Information

To learn more: https://www.everbritecoatings.com/tesla-cybertruck

For any questions, please call our office +1 916-852-0200

CyberVeteran

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Care
Country flag
Very cool. Thank you for the video. I will likely go this route vs. getting a wrap. Hopefully someone in this group does their truck and can give us their experience using this product.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Very cool. Thank you for the video. I will likely go this route vs. getting a wrap. Hopefully someone in this group does their truck and can give us their experience using this product.
Check out the tests we did for @ehuna. We’ve had quite a few testers from this group. They should post soon.

MynameisKhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! Couple of questions:
  1. Does this coat need to be removed if we want to wrap the truck later or can it stay on always and not cause any issues?
  2. Several threads mention the steel (HFS) needs to "breathe" and be exposed to the air for long-term "good health". Do we know any possible long-term concerns with this coat preventing the steel from exposed to air?
To me this coat is a no brainer to safeguard fingerprints but answers to these questions are critical to make the decision.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! Couple of questions:
  1. Does this coat need to be removed if we want to wrap the truck later or can it stay on always and not cause any issues?
  2. Several threads mention the steel (HFS) needs to "breathe" and be exposed to the air for long-term "good health". Do we know any possible long-term concerns with this coat preventing the steel from exposed to air?
To me this coat is a no brainer to safeguard fingerprints but answers to these questions are critical to make the decision.
1. For the proper adhesion of any wrap, the coating should be removed first. ProtectaClear removal is easy with xylene.
2. We have buildings worldwide that have been coated for decades with no damage to the underlying structure. ProtectaClear protects from the elements to keep the original finish. I am not sure what they are referring to here.

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
"ProtectaClear Seals the CyberShiny In!" Thank you for the video. Great looking hands and voice! If the metal sealer business doesn't work out, you got a future as a hand model or a Radio DJ! I'm a 12/28 order and getting closer to VIN and delivery. Kind of a leap of faith for me to coat my new CyberTruck in a harsh chemical, but, if it lives up to your representations it really should be a *factory option* for those who don't want to wrap their CyberTruck.

My question is about the curing process. I will be doing this myself and of course I'll need to drive my CyberTruck around.

a. Approximately how long would it take a single person to correctly apply your product to their CyberTruck working continuously?
b. I'm in Alabama where March weather is sunny and warm. Is the sealer going to be tacky for more than a day? Can I drive my CyberTruck next day without a bug getting caught in the coating and sealed like a mosquito in a piece of amber?
c. Will this sealer's properties act similar to "RainX" on a windshield and prevent bugs, road tar, and general road grime from sticking to the metal?

Looking forward to your CyberTruck customers commenting about their experience after using it. Testimonials about applying it themselves and the coatings performance in day to day driving. Thank you for the great video. I'm excited to know there is something that will help seal the *shiny* in on my CyberTruck without having to wash it constantly.

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Your suggestion is appreciated, but, I'll wait for the response from a ProtectaClear rep regarding the "curing time" before driving. Folks in Alabama like getting their infromation directly from the person who was asked.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
"ProtectaClear Seals the CyberShiny In!" Thank you for the video. Great looking hands and voice! If the metal sealer business doesn't work out, you got a future as a hand model or a Radio DJ! I'm a 12/28 order and getting closer to VIN and delivery. Kind of a leap of faith for me to coat my new CyberTruck in a harsh chemical, but, if it lives up to your representations it really should be a *factory option* for those who don't want to wrap their CyberTruck.

My question is about the curing process. I will be doing this myself and of course I'll need to drive my CyberTruck around.

a. Approximately how long would it take a single person to correctly apply your product to their CyberTruck working continuously?
b. I'm in Alabama where March weather is sunny and warm. Is the sealer going to be tacky for more than a day? Can I drive my CyberTruck next day without a bug getting caught in the coating and sealed like a mosquito in a piece of amber?
c. Will this sealer's properties act similar to "RainX" on a windshield and prevent bugs, road tar, and general road grime from sticking to the metal?

Looking forward to your CyberTruck customers commenting about their experience after using it. Testimonials about applying it themselves and the coatings performance in day to day driving. Thank you for the great video. I'm excited to know there is something that will help seal the *shiny* in on my CyberTruck without having to wash it constantly.
Thanks @BengalBoy I am a regular on Linkedin and conference speaking circuit too so I guess others agree. To answer your questions:

a. Around 3-4 hours. You would want to do the wash step for the entire truck first and let it dry, then BKF & Windex, then solvent wipe right before you coat each section. The solvent wipe ensures a clean and dry surface and also helps with adhesion of the coating.
b. No, ProtectaClear starts to dry right away and takes up to an hour to dry to the touch (depending on the environmental and surface temperatures). You can definitely drive it the next day and if you leave it in the sun, it will cure even faster.
c. It will protect the metal from those things tarnishing the metal and makes it easier to clean the truck overall. Those things will still sit on top of the coating but are easily cleaned off.

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Thank you for your response ? Exactly what I needed to know.​

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Thanks @BengalBoy I am a regular on Linkedin and conference speaking circuit too so I guess others agree. To answer your questions:

a. Around 3-4 hours. You would want to do the wash step for the entire truck first and let it dry, then BKF & Windex, then solvent wipe right before you coat each section. The solvent wipe ensures a clean and dry surface and also helps with adhesion of the coating.
b. No, ProtectaClear starts to dry right away and takes up to an hour to dry to the touch (depending on the environmental and surface temperatures). You can definitely drive it the next day and if you leave it in the sun, it will cure even faster.
c. It will protect the metal from those things tarnishing the metal and makes it easier to clean the truck overall. Those things will still sit on top of the coating but are easily cleaned off.
Why don't you include the denatured alcohol? Seems like you tried to add everything you need EXCEPT that. Even when you specify a specific type of denatured alcohol. Would be nice if it truly was a COMPLETE kit and not having to run to the hardware store on top.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Also, is the finished able to be Ceramic Coated? Not sure of its the same type of finish where easy to wash etc...

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Why don't you include the denatured alcohol? Seems like you tried to add everything you need EXCEPT that. Even when you specify a specific type of denatured alcohol. Would be nice if it truly was a COMPLETE kit and not having to run to the hardware store on top.
Because we cannot legally ship it or else we absolutely would include it.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Pretty sure that is considered hazmat and you can't ship it without extreme expense and hassle, they sell it at all big box hardware stores, and most walmarts.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Also, is the finished able to be Ceramic Coated? Not sure of its the same type of finish where easy to wash etc...
If I understand your question correctly, you would not put a ceramic coating over ProtectaClear. IT would be an either/or situation. They are similar in that they are durable clear coatings and after care is similar. They differ in a few ways: one is that ProtectaClear is crystal-clear, while ceramic coatings have a high shine. ProtectaClear is easily re-applied as needed and because of it's self leveling and self annealing properties, it blends to itself even years later. If you need to remove ProtectaClear you can wipe it off with Xylene rather than having to sand or buff it off. ProtectaClear also protects against fingerprints, smudging, and corrosive environments.