• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FSD v11 Released to Customers.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Inb4 new recall lol.

In all seriousness though. I'm excited about the updates.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Dirty Tesla and AIDRVR have been jonesing for it.

It is getting into the part where big steps like this need big evaluation and you get into a catch-22 situation.

-Crissa

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
For me FSD isn't really needed full time and have been renting it monthly if I was doing a a couple long road trips usually in the summer months. $15k way to expensive for what it is. Novelty for sure but wears off quickly when you have a close call running into another car or turns wide into a parked car. I've been in several waymo driverless cars in SF and a couple of cruise driverless too, i feel way more safe in those vs my own car with me behind the wheel with FSD on. ?

LoneWolfO6

Banned
Banned
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3: Sold it before a year of ownership!!
Occupation
Retired Military
Country flag
Whole thing is a scam! My spouses Honda CRV works better with radar and lane assist!

But agreed, honestly I don’t own FSD, so wouldn’t know? LOL!!

Full Self Driving (FSD) is a 7 year null name for $15,000, but should be really $2,000 and called Driver Assisted Auto-steer (DAS) as it’s only still a level 2 $$$ gimmick. Or even give it away for slight upgrade you pay for like other current automakers? At least until all the bugs are “REALY”, REALY worked out!

Elon Musk says Tesla’s next vehicle will operate ‘almost entirely in autonomous mode’
Electrek March 7, 2023

Tesla Model 2 FSD v11 Released to Customers. 2F53528A-8CA5-4D36-9886-CD4F73064DEC

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The current media narrative which I have heard a few times in the last couple of weeks is : Tesla has a history of making claims it doesn't live up to.

It is the new short sellers 'the competition is coming' and 'Tesla is just a car company'

If Tesla wanted, it could easily put its cars in a gated area, and like Waymo and all the others, avoid busy spots. It could have 10,000 out there tomorrow.

I have ordered my CT with FSD, it is doing enough for me already.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
For me FSD isn't really needed full time and have been renting it monthly if I was doing a a couple long road trips usually in the summer months. $15k way to expensive for what it is. Novelty for sure but wears off quickly when you have a close call running into another car or turns wide into a parked car. I've been in several waymo driverless cars in SF and a couple of cruise driverless too, i feel way more safe in those vs my own car with me behind the wheel with FSD on. ?
Largely agree. Which is why I didn’t buy it on my MY or reserve it on my CT when it was $7k :confused: I think in retrospect. Reserving it would have been the right thing to do.

In 15-20 years? I think it’ll be far more interesting. I’d set my mom up to use it if it was fully baked.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Largely agree. Which is why I didn’t buy it on my MY or reserve it on my CT when it was $7k :confused: I think in retrospect. Reserving it would have been the right thing to do.

In 15-20 years? I think it’ll be far more interesting. I’d set my mom up to use it if it was fully baked.
Depending on where you live, in 15-20 years waymo, cruise would have already solved the problem. Probably no need to own a car if rides get super cheap because of competition. I currently see driverless cars running around everyday in busy environments, tight streets and they seem to be working just fine for just being launched literally a couple months ago. I definitely see robotaxis up and running in major cities by end of the decade. Will Tesla be there? Who knows...i have seen zero driverless Tesla running around, so my guess is that they are still pretty far away. If I have to pay attention when FSD is on, I might as well drive myself and not stress about it.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Depending on where you live, in 15-20 years waymo, cruise would have already solved the problem. Probably no need to own a car if rides get super cheap because of competition. I currently see driverless cars running around everyday in busy environments, tight streets and they seem to be working just fine for just being launched literally a couple months ago. I definitely see robotaxis up and running in major cities by end of the decade. Will Tesla be there? Who knows...i have seen zero driverless Tesla running around, so my guess is that they are still pretty far away. If I have to pay attention when FSD is on, I might as well drive myself and not stress about it.
Waymo and Cruise? LOL. I live in the rural area outside a medium sized city in Oregon. Assuming they aren’t stalled in the middle of an inter section in Portland, they will come to where I live sometime in the year 2299.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Waymo and Cruise? LOL. I live in the rural area outside a medium sized city in Oregon. Assuming they aren’t stalled in the middle of an inter section in Portland, they will come to where I live sometime in the year 2299.
Yup, this is the problem with Waymo & Cruise approach.

But the problem is not just the rural areas. There are hundreds of cities/towns in U.S. that have 1 million people or less. How is Waymo & Cruise going make Hi-Def map all these places, keep the Hi-Def maps up to date and make a profit while continually updating the Hi-Def map data.

Even many of the larger ones do not have the cachet for the autonomus companies of doing famous cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix.

Large and medium sized cities like:
Jacksonville, Florida
Columbus, Ohio
Nashville, Tennessee
El Paso, Texas
Indianapolis, Indiana
Louisville, Kentucky
Memphis, Tennessee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Fresno, California
Tucson, Arizona
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Bakersfield, California
Wichita, Kansas
Omaha, Nebraska
.... and many more

List of United States cities by population
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

This is just the U.S. Waymo & Cruise problem continues with many other even large/medium countries & cities throughout the world.

Last edited:

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Yup, this is the problem with Waymo & Cruise approach.

But the problem is not just the rural areas. There are hundreds of cities/towns in U.S. that have 1 million people or less. How is Waymo & Cruise going make Hi-Def map all these places, keep the Hi-Def maps up to date and make a profit while continually updating the Hi-Def map data.

Even many of the larger ones do not have the cachet of doing famous cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix.

Large and medium sized cities like:
Jacksonville, Florida
Columbus, Ohio
Nashville, Tennessee
El Paso, Texas
Indianapolis, Indiana
Louisville, Kentucky
Memphis, Tennessee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Fresno, California
Tucson, Arizona
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Bakersfield, California
Wichita, Kansas
Omaha, Nebraska
.... and many more

List of United States cities by population
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

This is just the U.S. Waymo & Cruise problem continues with many other even large/medium countries & cities throughout the world.

I believe they are targeting the cities with already high rideshare usage. Launching a rideshare program in rural areas with less population density doesn't make sense for a short term goal.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I believe they are targeting the cities with already high rideshare usage. Launching a rideshare program in rural areas with less population density doesn't make sense for a short term goal.
Fundamentally, their approach doesn’t scale well to the entire country. They need to spend a bunch of resources continually mapping the countryside.

Frank Mendez

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, mkzh, f150
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I have the FSD package no my 2019 M3. I have the Beta package and have been using it off & on. I have seen incremental improvements along the way but realize it has not been ready for more than Beta.
My biggest disappointment is that though I have bought and paid for the FSD, the newest hardware package is necessary for the future of allowing it to self-drive and thereby become a "robo-taxi" that pays its own way. My M3 is stuck on HW package 3 with no apparent upgrade coming. Though I paid for all of the benefits of FSD, I will never realize those benefits.
My CT reservation includes FSD. I believe in FSD but do not feel I have received or will receive what I paid for on my M3.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Because the cars themselves continually update the maps. The problem comes in roll-out, in the labeling of all the data.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Every company has RD costs, but opposition also need to get a return of investment for every zone they get into.

Tesla will just waltz in to any new area with ZERO establishment cost.

Thats all there is to it. They are not in business.