• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Who is Campstream? Here to Bring Your Cybertruck's HVAC System Into Your Camping Tent

Campstream

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 +Highland , CT, Rivian R1T/R1S
Country flag
We are a small startup based out of Sweden! Last year we invented and launched a product that brings your Tesla's or Rivian's HVAC system into your camping tent.

As fellow campers, the cold summers in Northern Sweden are what originally inspired the solution, the first of its kind for electric vehicles.

Campstream is available for Tesla Cybertruck and Model 3 (+Highland), as well as Rivian R1T and R1S.

The Cybertruck version is available exclusively on Kickstarter:

Our website:
https://www.campstreamgear.com/

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 AWD Cybertruck (Foundation Series)
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Great product! Before I back it, I have a question, about what percentage of the Cybertruck's battery was used to keep you cool all night?

Thanks for designing this product, @Campstream !

Deleted member 1085

Not to be downer (I wish you success in this endeavor), but this seems quite an inefficient setup as there is no fan or mechanism to force the air through the duct. It may cost more, but seems a more effective option to simply get an EcoFlow Wave 2 for your tent and just plug it into the truck

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
$250-$500 for a plastic insert, dryer hose, and long USB cable? And yes, carrying cases.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
And without thermostat in the tent, how to control the temperature in the tent? The cabin will cool or warm quickly and stay the pre set temperature easily due to the good insulation, but tent will have the hard time to cool/warm/maintain the desired temperature. One workaround can be adjusting the cabin temperature much cooler or warmer to compensate the bad insulation of tent but it unavoidablely gonna waste lots of energy for temperature controlling in non occupied cabin.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Absolutely necessary for those still doing tent camping.

Even high sierra heat are intolerable.

Thanks for the invent. Would consider buying if I still can't bring my RV (range and charging availability issues).

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Will the hose reach back of the vault when cracked open just enough to breath?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
Great product! Before I back it, I have a question, about what percentage of the Cybertruck's battery was used to keep you cool all night?

Thanks for designing this product, @Campstream !
I have been working with @Campstream on the development of their product for the Cybertruck and have been able to use their kit a few times in the Texas heat and humidity. My experience from having the AC set to LO overnight is you'll use about 1% of the battery per hour. Once you've cooled your tent/camper, though, you can turn the temperature up to something to maintain a comfortable level and the usage drops significantly.

Fun story... this past weekend I was camping with family and one of them was in a R-Pod trailer. Their AC went out, so I crafted a window insert for their camper out of a piece of cardboard and set up the Campstream kit to pump air into their camper. It was low 80s outside with humidity in the mid-70s, so their camper was super uncomfortable without AC. We set the AC in the Cybertruck to LO and let it run for about two hours before they went to bed. In that time, it had cooled the interior of their camper to 64 degrees and greatly reduced the humidity. I used about 2% of my battery during that time, and we turned the AC temperature down to 68 at that point. Woke up the next morning and my aunt was raving about how much more comfortable it was to sleep with the AC and I had used a whopping 1% more battery over those next eight hours.

Tesla Model 2 Who is Campstream? Here to Bring Your Cybertruck's HVAC System Into Your Camping Tent 1721307483555-1k

Tesla Model 2 Who is Campstream? Here to Bring Your Cybertruck's HVAC System Into Your Camping Tent 1721307475043-c3

Sorry for the long answer to your short question, but as someone who has been able to test their kit out, I can't speak highly enough of the quality, function, and emergency use cases where this could come in handy.

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not to be downer (I wish you success in this endeavor), but this seems quite an inefficient setup as there is no fan or mechanism to force the air through the duct. It may cost more, but seems a more effective option to simply get an EcoFlow Wave 2 for your tent and just plug it into the truck
The fan from the truck AC is more than enough to push air through the duct. I put together a DIY solution similar to this and tested using an in-line fan and my experience was that a second fan did more harm than good because it never runs at the same speed as the fan in the truck AC. This would often result in less airflow or lower temps coming out of the vent vs just letting the truck fans do their thing.

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And without thermostat in the tent, how to control the temperature in the tent? The cabin will cool or warm quickly and stay the pre set temperature easily due to the good insulation, but tent will have the hard time to cool/warm/maintain the desired temperature. One workaround can be adjusting the cabin temperature much cooler or warmer to compensate the bad insulation of tent but it unavoidablely gonna waste lots of energy for temperature controlling in non occupied cabin.
You can control the temperature using the Tesla app. My wife and I have used this setup with our Cybertent and there was one morning it was a bit too cold for my liking when we woke up (mid 60s in the tent). I grabbed my phone, turned the AC temp up in the Tesla app, and within a few minutes the tent was up into the 70s.

You are spot on that there is no thermostat to know what the temperature is of the space you're cooling, so the truck will almost certainly be warmer or cooler in the cab vs your sleeping space depending on whether you're heating or cooling, but it is WAY better than sleeping with no HVAC at all. :)