• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tezz Hits 100,000

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Congrats! When I saw the title of your post, I was relieved that it wasn't from Ben Sullins (he also had named his first Model 3 'Tez', but with only one 'z'). Keep taking care of her!

OP
OP
scottysize

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Congrats! When I saw the title of your post, I was relieved that it wasn't from Ben Sullins (he also had named his first Model 3 'Tez', but with only one 'z'). Keep taking care of her!
I actually got mine before I saw his video. When I saw he named his Tez, I was like, Dang. I copied him.

Now I'm mad I copied him. I stopped watching him as he continued to bash AP and FSD. I have FSD Beta. I love it, but you have to understand that it is a 15 year old right now. It is not a full driver yet. There is no reason to bash it yet.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
My M3 reaches 100,000 and she's still as good as when i got her in 2018.
Sweet! She's still beautiful.

I actually got mine before I saw his video. When I saw he named his Tez, I was like, Dang. I copied him.

Now I'm mad I copied him. I stopped watching him as he continued to bash AP and FSD. I have FSD Beta. I love it, but you have to understand that it is a 15 year old right now. It is not a full driver yet. There is no reason to bash it yet.
Right after reserving my CT, I found his videos and he helped me do the math on CTO and helped me justify the purchase in a big way. That subsequently spurred our family's entire move to PV/EV (we put up solar panels 2 years ago this June and just got my wife's Y in December).

Then he went full douchebag.

One should never go full douchebag.

OP
OP
scottysize

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Sweet! She's still beautiful.

Right after reserving my CT, I found his videos and he helped me do the math on CTO and helped me justify the purchase in a big way. That subsequently spurred our family's entire move to PV/EV (we put up solar panels 2 years ago this June and just got my wife's Y in December).
I installed 50 LG Solar panels and 3 PowerWalls at the end of 2020. Tesla wouldn't install on a ground mount, so I had to go with someone else. The M3 is my best purchase, but I'd say the Solar was probably my second best. In Feb 2021 (we live in Texas) I looked like a genius getting the PWs as we lost power for 3 straight days in the Feb storm.

Cyber8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3m/ f150
Occupation
Management
Country flag
My M3 reaches 100,000 and she's still as good as when i got her in 2018.

Congrats! Nice to hear since we have a 2018 M3. Still loving it! Question? What is the maximum range you can charge to after your 100k? Thanks.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I installed 50 LG Solar panels and 3 PowerWalls at the end of 2020. Tesla wouldn't install on a ground mount, so I had to go with someone else. The M3 is my best purchase, but I'd say the Solar was probably my second best. In Feb 2021 (we live in Texas) I looked like a genius getting the PWs as we lost power for 3 straight days in the Feb storm.
Nice. We got ours installed and grandfathered in to 1:1 netmetering right before everything changed. Netmetering went away and rates went up by nearly 30%.

Now that gas prices are going up, our Tesla is getting far more attention, too.

We live in rural eastern Kentucky, where both are extremely rare.

OP
OP
scottysize

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Congrats! Nice to hear since we have a 2018 M3. Still loving it! Question? What is the maximum range you can charge to after your 100k? Thanks.
You didn't watch my video :( LOL. It's fine. I'm down to 274 from 304

Deleted member 5322

~10% loss after 100k miles. That’s not bad at all.
Actually ~11%. And the percentage here not as important as actual range lost.
BTW, do you know how batteries degrade? In next 100k miles the battery will lost almost 30% more of what was original, or around 200 miles range left.
Basically, ~8 years old tesla will have only 50% of original range. And then you need to replace a battery pack (for $$$$) or enjoy leftovers.

OP
OP
scottysize

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Actually ~11%. And the percentage here not as important as actual range lost.
BTW, do you know how batteries degrade? In next 100k miles the battery will lost almost 30% more of what was original, or around 200 miles range left.
Basically, ~8 years old tesla will have only 50% of original range. And then you need to replace a battery pack (for $$$$) or enjoy leftovers.
We’ll see. I’ll make a follow up video in 4 years and let you know.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That would mean basically every Tesla battery would be replaced under warranty.

-Crissa