• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

? New Product: Cybertruck Center Cap & lug nut cover sets

OP
OP
AO-Pete

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
2024 CT, 2024 Model 3 Highland, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Founder & CEO
Country flag

65SoYoLO

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
I am in! I wanted the blank but will take whatever you get in first! I have had people, several in fact, ask me if I made the truck myself ...So, I don't want to explain what the CT symbol is. But I Hate the rusty hubs and want it covered.

OP
OP
AO-Pete

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Founder & CEO
Country flag
Hi everyone...we have a small issue with the lug nut covers on the sets we've shipped, they're too long. I suppose this is my fault, I spent so much time on the center cap size and finish, and just assumed the lug covers, which were supposed to be the same as the ones we ship for 3 & Y, would be the same. But no!, they managed to pack lug covers that are too long (see pic below) ?

The correct height (top of dome to base) is shown below, if you're feeling handy with a Dremmel, feel free, we don't need them back. We're getting the correct versions sent to us this week...I don't have an ETA yet, but I assume within 7-10 days we'll be able to ship replacements to those of you that have already ordered your sets. You'll also get an email from us, that just takes a little longer to automate.

Sorry about this, new products sometimes have teething issues, and I should have checked everything before shipping the first sets, but at least it's an easy fix. For the sets arriving into stock in mid-June, we'll take care of those before they ship.

Tesla Model 2 ? New Product: Cybertruck Center Cap & lug nut cover sets 1716151141320-f0

AlmostHuman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Human
Country flag
OP
OP
AO-Pete

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Founder & CEO
Country flag
Would it be possible to order only the center caps?
Probably no plans for that; honestly, the caps don't add much to the overall cost of the product, it's all in the mold and finishing for the center caps, so the saving wouldn't be significant.

AlmostHuman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Human
Country flag
Probably no plans for that; honestly, the caps don't add much to the overall cost of the product, it's all in the mold and finishing for the center caps, so the saving wouldn't be significant.
Ahh yeah that totally makes sense. Thank you for the reply!

OP
OP
AO-Pete

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Founder & CEO
Country flag
Just a note for anyone watching this thread; the new caps should arrive Friday, so we'll get them out to you very early the following week, around June 3/4.

65SoYoLO

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
I changed my mind. I talked with someone that found one piece covers that covered the lug and center. Going to look for them.

Dekeman

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2) ‘24 MX,‘21 M3, Foundation AWD CT, On Order M3P
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Just a note for anyone watching this thread; the new caps should arrive Friday, so we'll get them out to you very early the following week, around June 3/4.
Awesome thx.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR (Lola), 2024 FS AWD (Deckard 263-54)
Country flag
I finally took delivery today of my FS AWD, and I mounted AO’s center caps/covers.

Wow. PERFECT color/texture match to the cyberwheels. They look OEM. I might be selling my wheel covers once Tesla ships them to me, haha!!

OP
OP
AO-Pete

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Founder & CEO
Country flag

r0r0

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series 2024
Country flag
They've never really been in stock. I mean, they have, but it's a long story; I had them designed and manufactured before we got our CT based on some pretty solid (it seemed) assumptions, but, as it turns out, the CT is incredibly fussy about the puddle light locations. Our Ultrabright lights are fine in the doors, but so far we've not been able to design a projection light that's works consistently (we're on version 12 right now). We have a version that works when first plugged in, but the CT cuts the current after a sleep cycle, and it never resets until we put a factory bulb back in. They all work fine in the Highland (same factory p/n for the bulbs, same voltage etc), so it's a bit of a mystery. We're still trying though...
Also awaiting updated version of this.

OP
OP
AO-Pete

AO-Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
abstractocean.com