• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Morgan Stanley’s Jonas: Tesla To Surpass GM, Ford US Market Share

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Linux is awesome, and enables a lot of awesome things to be built on top of it like Android and Tesla OS. It’s funny, I recall back in the day Linus Torvalds joking that Linux was going for world domination. It was amazing back then, but nobody expected what it has become.
The same Unix roots in Linux are in macOS.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Back to the main(ish) topic. Just saw this post and it is pertinent.

Tesla’s operating expenses are creeping up slowly while the top line leaps forward.

This means as Tesla’s volume increases, their operating margin (% of profit per vehicle sold) goes **UP**. This is highly unusual for a company in a developing market like that.

Lots of people still think the incumbents have the cost/ infrastructure advantage here and will be able to undercut Tesla on pricing, but actual capital structures say otherwise.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I know two people with an EV that is an add-on and they kept an ICE vehicle too. EV for short daily trips, ICE for long trips. I don't know how common that is, but I think is indeed a market for them in addition, not instead of. A company that is probably poised for that is Solo.
This made sense when EVs had 120 miles ranges and were slow to charge.

‘’With Tesla bringing 300+ kW chargers online and 300+ mile Cars across their lineup a lot less so.

Driving to California (1000 miles round trip) cost me a Lot less than it would have in an ICE car.

going forward it will make less sense each year.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
going forward it will make less sense each year.
I didn't claim it made sense, I stated that it does happen. We're not yet at zero-sum for EV vs ICE.