• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I live in a state where front plates are required. But I do want to show that CyberBeast symbol more prominently. The one in the back is so light it’s barely visible. I would be interested in a black decal that can go over the one that comes standard. And maybe a smaller one to go on the sides, in the lower part of the front door.
I have been thinking about breaking out my decal cutter lately. I’ll let you know if I do. Since I have the AWD, I may need your help in measuring out the size of the symbol on the rear gate.

Reactions: Mal

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
It looks great but I’m afraid it would just draw attention to the fact that there is no front license plate from LE…
You think that's gonna end bad....
I entered cars in '86 for 'The Day Of The Volkswagen' show, and as such l had the Karmann Ghia front plate fitted to the '76 Kabrio Beetle. It read 'KARMAN' on the front and 'KABRIO' on the rear
The problem was the next day when driving in the Beetle.....a motorcycle Cop noticed the mismatch as he passed by on the inside lane in St.Kilda. l was asked to explain myself......he let me go with the understanding that l'd remove the plate asap!

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro Z28, '15 Viper GT, FS-CB
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Cybertruck AWB FS
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
It looks great but I’m afraid it would just draw attention to the fact that there is no front license plate from LE…
Here's a shot of my Corvette, not long after I drove it home to Texas from the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, where I took delivery, 18 years ago. The designers never gave a thought to putting a front plate on it, and neither did I. I was only stopped once for not having a front plate, driving through a small town in west Texas a few months after I bought it. The LEO was a State Trooper, who told me he really just wanted to look at the car, gave me a verbal warning, then said he didn't see a place to on that bumper for a license plate.

I'll take a chance running the Cybertruck with that vanity plate. Maybe the LEO will laugh and let me off with another warning.
Tesla Model 2 ? CYBERBEAST Cerberus Vanity License Plate Image 1

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Here's a shot of my Corvette, not long after I drove it home to Texas from the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, where I took delivery, 18 years ago. The designers never gave a thought to putting a front plate on it, and neither did I. I was only stopped once for not having a front plate, driving through a small town in west Texas a few months after I bought it. The LEO was a State Trooper, who told me he really just wanted to look at the car, gave me a verbal warning, then said he didn't see a place to on that bumper for a license plate.

I'll take a chance running the Cybertruck with that vanity plate. Maybe the LEO will laugh and let me off with another warning.
Image 1.jpeg
So yer sayin vanity is worth the risk of a financial penalty as well as the annoyance that comes with removing the vanity plate and replacing it with a real plate and taking the time to go and get the ticket signed off only to then take the time to remove it after…that’s a lot of vanity ?

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So yer sayin vanity is worth the risk of a financial penalty as well as the annoyance that comes with removing the vanity plate and replacing it with a real plate and taking the time to go and get the ticket signed off only to then take the time to remove it after…that’s a lot of vanity ?
Your comments are thought provoking but generally subjective. To respond to those type comments, I prefer to use numbers, even if I have to estimate them, to arrive at an objective analysis, as I will do below.

On the other hand, if you want to avoid all the logic and math that follows, do so and skip to the last sentence of this tome for an alternative response.

Like everything in life, there is a risk/reward calculation to be made whenever you are faced with a risky financial decision.

First, both the risk and reward must be monetized, let's call them $Risk and $Reward. Then, the probability of the risk occurring during some time period (Pk) and the probability of the reward occurring during that time period (Pw) must each be estimated. Then the probable cost of the risk ($Risk * Pk) can be compared to the probable value of the reward ($Reward * Pw).

We'll start with the $Risk. The ticket cost for no front plate is about $200 here in TX. It takes a couple of hours (in my bit of experience) to mosey down to the court house, wait in line, pay up and go home. My time is pretty cheap nowadays, so, another $200. $Risk equals $400 each time it is realized (each occurrence of getting a no-plate citation)

$Reward is tricky so it is best to be conservative. My reward is getting a little chuckle every time I see that plate, so let's ask, "What is a little laugh worth?" Let's be very conservative and estimate it at a nickel. I'd happily pay $5 to see a movie that made me laugh a hundred times. $Reward equals $0.05 each time it is realized (each occurrence of seeing the plate and chuckling a bit).

Now the probabilities of those occurrences during some period of time - say, a year.

For Pk, I'll base the estimate on my real-world experience. I was stopped one time in 18 years. Probability of being stopped in a year = 1/18. I could have received a citation but didn't, but it is reasonable that the LEO could go either way - a coin flip - so let's estimate the probability of stop becoming a citation at ½. The joint probability is simply 1/18 * 1/2 or 0.028, and the Probable cost of the risk is 0.028 * $400 or $11.20.

Pw is obvious and simple. I'll 100% get a chuckle every time I see the plate and I'll see it multiple times per day, nearly every day. I'll conservatively estimate seeing the plate twice a day, 300 days per year, for 600 occurrences in a year. The Probable value of the reward is 600 * $.05 or $30.00.

The decision is easy. The probable value of the reward is about 3 times the probable cost of the risk, so I'll put that funny plate on my truck!

For those of you whose eyes glazed over at the thought of reading those 384 words above, here is an alternate five word reply: It ain't vanity, It's humor! :D

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Your comments are thought provoking but generally subjective. To respond to those type comments, I prefer to use numbers, even if I have to estimate them, to arrive at an objective analysis, as I will do below.

On the other hand, if you want to avoid all the logic and math that follows, do so and skip to the last sentence of this tome for an alternative response.

Like everything in life, there is a risk/reward calculation to be made whenever you are faced with a risky financial decision.

First, both the risk and reward must be monetized, let's call them $Risk and $Reward. Then, the probability of the risk occurring during some time period (Pk) and the probability of the reward occurring during that time period (Pw) must each be estimated. Then the probable cost of the risk ($Risk * Pk) can be compared to the probable value of the reward ($Reward * Pw).

We'll start with the $Risk. The ticket cost for no front plate is about $200 here in TX. It takes a couple of hours (in my bit of experience) to mosey down to the court house, wait in line, pay up and go home. My time is pretty cheap nowadays, so, another $200. $Risk equals $400 each time it is realized (each occurrence of getting a no-plate citation)

$Reward is tricky so it is best to be conservative. My reward is getting a little chuckle every time I see that plate, so let's ask, "What is a little laugh worth?" Let's be very conservative and estimate it at a nickel. I'd happily pay $5 to see a movie that made me laugh a hundred times. $Reward equals $0.05 each time it is realized (each occurrence of seeing the plate and chuckling a bit).

Now the probabilities of those occurrences during some period of time - say, a year.

For Pk, I'll base the estimate on my real-world experience. I was stopped one time in 18 years. Probability of being stopped in a year = 1/18. I could have received a citation but didn't, but it is reasonable that the LEO could go either way - a coin flip - so let's estimate the probability of stop becoming a citation at ½. The joint probability is simply 1/18 * 1/2 or 0.028, and the Probable cost of the risk is 0.028 * $400 or $11.20.

Pw is obvious and simple. I'll 100% get a chuckle every time I see the plate and I'll see it multiple times per day, nearly every day. I'll conservatively estimate seeing the plate twice a day, 300 days per year, for 600 occurrences in a year. The Probable value of the reward is 600 * $.05 or $30.00.

The decision is easy. The probable value of the reward is about 3 times the probable cost of the risk, so I'll put that funny plate on my truck!

For those of you whose eyes glazed over at the thought of reading those 384 words above, here is an alternate five word reply: It ain't vanity, It's humor! :D
the fatal flaw in your calculus is the likelihood of the citation…while you may have only been pulled over for no front plate only once, that is in no way an accurate estimate of future probability…for one the LEO’s are humans and subject to differing personalities and in this day & age the country is fairly evenly split among people who like Elon’s politics and those who don’t…clearly this plate could be just the excuse those favoring the latter view could use to cite you—a seemingly Tesla loyalist.

Also, my time is apparently much more valuable than yours so clearly your calculus—even with the aforementioned fatal flaw—is applicable to only you. So not sure why you felt compelled to type those 400+ words as they help no one reading them….perhaps it simply reinforces my original point: “that’s a lot of vanity?”

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Shipped out all the vanity plates and frames this morning. Thanks everyone, keep them coming. ?
Made a little joke -> GetMeSomeTom made the joke real -> Installed ⤵
Tesla Model 2 ? CYBERBEAST Cerberus Vanity License Plate IMG_1779