• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

AlmostHuman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Human
Country flag
Like many have said here and the survey said, the charging network is key. We have rented a couple EVs that are not Tesla for a week. It was a freaking nightmare to find working chargers. We have been on a 6,000 road trip in our X, it was cake. I totally can see people without good charging abilities wanting to go back.

84Apollo3

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Maybe you guys are right about the Tesla difference. I have two Teslas and can’t imagine what the legacy brand’s offerings are like. I will also probably never own another ICE vehicle, lawn equipment or otherwise. To me, this is like saying 46% IPhone owners want to go back to Blackberry or Nokia even. It sounds like garbage…

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
87% of tesla buyers would buy another tesla:

https://electrek.co/2024/04/09/87-percent-us-tesla-drivers-say-theyll-buy-another-tesla/

Tesla is lowest cost to own over 10 years of any car:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/car-maintenance/the-cost-of-car-ownership-a1854979198/

Having driven ICE cars up until a 2023 Y and now a cybertruck, most people know nothing about EVs and what they are best at. I always have at least one EV now and likely it will be a tesla.

Home charging and using an EV as a daily driver is absolute best use case. People overestimate the range they need and how much they drive. I can see where people would hate non tesla charging networks and costs if things go really wrong are high but as as link shows above teslas are cheapest.

If someone tells me they are considering an EV for first time my first question is "how are you planning to use the car?"

Anyone who asks me about EVs I tell them if they go on lots of road trips gas cars will get you there faster by a significant margin if the trip is 500 miles plus and they want to minimize stops. It is clear that for people who do road trips the only EV that makes sense is a Tesla right now. I tell them I charged exclusively at home and drove 20,000 miles for $550 and did one tire rotation and one wiper fluid refill in my model Y so if you plan to spend 45 to 50k on a car anyway then buy a tesla because you will save money and have a great experience. If you want to spend less either get used tesla or something like a Toyota corolla hybrid if you just want a great daily driver.

I also think if you aren't "into" cars then having a Tesla or any other EV will be hard. You have to pay attention to software updates and actually know how to work the car you bought. You just have to be smarter and more attentive with a tesla to maximize the enjoyment. It is a completely different and better experience. Once I got my Y I had to rewire my brain to open my phone app and turn on the climate as I was leaving an event. The problem is with people like the lady who decided to update their tesla in the middle of summer while they are inside it making the brand look bad.

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I should also point out the 10 year cost to own data does not include gas saving or the amount of your own time wasted sitting at a dealership waiting for services.

justinpratt

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri, Jeep Rubi 392, Tesla Y Performance, BMW M3
Country flag