• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag

I cry shenanigans.

Sounds like a biased sample.

Not that my experience is everything, but 100% (literally every person) I know that bought a BEV stated to me that they would never buy an ICE again if they could avoid it because they preferred the convenience and performance of the BEV.

I also wonder if this is geographic and related more to charging network infrastructure than the vehicles themselves. In California we have tons of charging options. In other places people may be having a very different experience. Having said that, when I got my S there was almost no charging infrastructure yet and I already knew I would never buy another ICE car again as long as I lived within a week of ownership.

FWIW

Cheers

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Also just 36,000 is a pretty small sample size.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2000is standard, but they're surveying dozens of countries an this sample is apparently the same number they have who they always ask.

That's just... that sounds more like their total user base, not a sample size.

-Crissa

Nice2CTu

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
This survey results lumps all EV owners together, which to me makes it unreliable. On the one hand, it's fair to assume all respondents have ICE history as a comparison and can reasonably compare it to their new EV experience, fair enough. But imagine asking a similar quantity/geography respondent pool with only ICE as their previous car, and also their current car, to say which they liked better, and color that with no discrimination about the type or style or price or brand and model? If I had a beater, and now have a beamer i'd saved for, the answer might be different to someone who totalled a porsche and now drives a cargo van.

Especially with EVs, to lump us all together seems absurd. Tesla is, to some of us, the creme de la creme of EVs, for one reason because of best-class charging station availability, and I will reveal my further bias and say those on this board salivating on Cybertruck delivery are way beyond 99% of those in the survey, and the CT love potion likely won't match on survey satisfaction averages either.

If Henry Ford surveyed all Model T owners 1 year after purchase if they liked ICE better than horses, my guess is 38% would say finding gas stations and fixing flat tires made keeping horses and getting rid of T ICEs the future. 5 years later, and 10 years later might dramatically change survey results.

Ha.

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
My Cybertruck is my 37th vehicle. My first vehicle was when I was 16 and I am now 41. The CT is my first EV and my first Tesla. For a daily driver, I don’t think I could go back to an ICE vehicle.

However, my toy car, that’s a different story. Engine has to be firing on all cylinders and I have to be mowing through the gears.

In my opinion, whoever moves into an EV, especially a Tesla, since they are the best EV’s, will be hard pressed to go back. At least for daily driver purposes.

Just my two cents.

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD, 2017 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
From the article: "The biggest reason EV owners cited for wanting to return to owning a gas-powered vehicle was the lack of available charging infrastructure (35%)".

I could see how not having a house, or a convenient home charging setup, or your town lacks infrastructure that it would be an extra chore to own an EV. My mother is experiencing this now. Her retired living building doesn't have EV charging, and the town she lives in has a terrible charging network, closest place to charge is kinda sketchy? It didn't take me long to back away from recommending a Model 3 or Y, and instead suggest a new Prius. The convenience of gassing up at a station every week still wins out for a lot of people.

Last edited:

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Cybertruck AWB FS
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
No.

36,000 is a very large sample size

Here is why:

Sample size directly affects a survey result's accuracy/confidence and also directly affects the cost of a survey, therefore the selection of sample size has been the subject of much study and refinement, but all of the methods ultimately arrive at the same general place in terms of minimum and maximum sample size, regardless of the total population size.

A sample size lower than the minimum sample size would cost less, but result in unacceptably high margin of error and unacceptably low confidence level. A sample size higher than the maximum sample size would cost more, yet result in no useful improvement in margin of error or confidence.

Here is the outcome of all that study, boiled down to a "rule of thumb":

The minimum sample size is about 50 to 100. For populations around those numbers or less, it's best to survey the entire population.
It's a rule of thumb, so that "about" could go up or down depending of the goals of the survey, but certainly far less than an order of magnitude.​

The maximum sample size is about 1,000 - 2,000.
The same rule of thumb comment about the exact number - it might differ depending on goals but by less far less than an order of magnitude.​

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teslakc.net
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, M3PD+, GT4, XK140OTS
Occupation
Currently Occupied
Country flag
I didn't know GM sold 36,000 Chevy Bolts, but I guess they must have, now look what those owners are saying... ;)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No.

36,000 is a very large sample size

Here is why:
But that's 36,000 'participants' and 'worldwide'.

That seems... Dubious.

I didn't know GM sold 36,000 Chevy Bolts, but I guess they must have, now look what those owners are saying... ;)
They sold over 133,000 in the US so far, but I think they also sold them in Canada, South Korea, and the EU.

-Crissa