• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Color Covers Update!

OP
OP
CybertruckCovers

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag

Jayse

First Name
Jayse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation, Model 3
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Very interesting! Do they wrap around the panels? or just stick on the flat surface? Trying to 'wrap' my head around it. For instance, if you have, say, a bright red wrap and you get these covers in black, would you still see red anywhere?

OP
OP
CybertruckCovers

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Very interesting! Do they wrap around the panels? or just stick on the flat surface? Trying to 'wrap' my head around it. For instance, if you have, say, a bright red wrap and you get these covers in black, would you still see red anywhere?
The answer to your question about the covers wrapping around the edge of the steel body panels or simply just sticking to the surface... it's both. The magnetic panels, if applied perfectly straight to each corresponding steel body panel beneath, should provide exact coverage, and the optional clip system pressed along the edges of each panel should hide any color of your underlying wrap from showing through along some of the edges. Therefore, we will try to offer different colored edge clips so they will blend in with the colored covers while also dulling some of the razor sharp edges of the Cybertruck's steel doors and frunk lid.

OP
OP
CybertruckCovers

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Any updates on possible timeline for release?
We are hoping to release these in mid to late June. We are finalizing panel measurements later this month and road testing in early June.

GFleck

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
We are hoping to release these in mid to late June. We are finalizing panel measurements later this month and road testing in early June.
Cool. I'm very intrigued by this idea and very curious to see how it looks and functions in reality. Great ingenuity in the concept.

OP
OP
CybertruckCovers

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Im local in utah and would happily loan my CT for testing :)
I appreciate your offer, however, our manufacturing facility that's doing measuring and production of the covers is in Ohio. We will have a truck for testing there in a couple of weeks. I'm back and forth in the Vegas area, but I don't actually live in Utah. I wouldn't mind having a place out there, though!

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag
Very interested in seeing how this comes out. Gonna need a hot pink iridescent option for my wife, matte black for me, and matte navy blue for when I’m driving it on official company business for our company.

GFleck

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's the latest update? ? How's trading going? Any pictures? Estimate on initial release?

OP
OP
CybertruckCovers

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What's the latest update? ? How's trading going? Any pictures? Estimate on initial release?
We are still making progress!

We are waiting on some stencil templates to arrive to us in the next week so we can cut out our first complete kit. We’ve been laying kind of low due to delays in getting accurate measurements from our 3D models with no Cybertruck of our own until recently. We now have a volunteer Cybertruck owner in our area for the first test fitting. It’s critical that we achieve an exact fit so these covers don’t look clunky or awkward.

We just finished our new 3D Color Configurator page last week, so that will give you a sneak preview of the colors we plan on introducing first. More glossy colors and complex patterns will be added later. Here’s the Color Configurator page:

https://www.thenextgreatproduction.com/CT/

GFleck

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We are still making progress!

We are waiting on some stencil templates to arrive to us in the next week so we can cut out our first complete kit. We’ve been laying kind of low due to delays in getting accurate measurements from our 3D models with no Cybertruck of our own until recently. We now have a volunteer Cybertruck owner in our area for the first test fitting. It’s critical that we achieve an exact fit so these covers don’t look clunky or awkward.

We just finished our new 3D Color Configurator page last week, so that will give you a sneak preview of the colors we plan on introducing first. More glossy colors and complex patterns will be added later. Here’s the Color Configurator page:

https://www.thenextgreatproduction.com/CT/
Thanks for the update! Excited to see how these work out. Definitely understand wanting to get them right and perfect from the start!