• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

? Cybertruck Silhouette License Plate Frame; laser etched on stainless steel

elyliu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD, Model X 90D, Model 3 AWD
Country flag
A great finishing touch with the frame. ?

Your Cybertruck is looking amazing as always. Did you give it a name?
We have a marvel theme for our Teslas. Wanda (red model 3), vision (grey model X), and magneto (CT). I kinda want to rename it to black panther after the wrap though….

docowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will this frame fit on the front mounting bracket too? Does it block the front camera in any way?

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Will this frame fit on the front mounting bracket too? Does it block the front camera in any way?
Full transparency, I have not tested this on the front camera as I don’t run a front plate. However knowing that some members already reported their front camera captures the edge of their license plate by itself, any additional frame will not help the issue as frames will naturally require a tad more space to hide the edges of the license plate due to the frame material's thickness and coating.

US plate dimensions: 12”x6”
This frame’s dimensions rounded up for safety: 12 3/8” x 6 1/4”

I can't believe Tesla will allow the front camera to capture any part of a license plate and put it into production. ?‍♂

Tesla Model 2 ? Cybertruck Silhouette License Plate Frame; laser etched on stainless steel IMG_6218

Tesla Model 2 ? Cybertruck Silhouette License Plate Frame; laser etched on stainless steel IMG_6219

Last edited:
OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Full transparency, I have not tested this on the front camera as I don’t run a front plate. However knowing that some members already reported their front camera captures the edge of their license plate by itself, any additional frame will not help the issue as frames will naturally require a tad more space to hide the edges of the license plate due to the frame material's thickness and coating.

US plate dimensions: 12”x6”
This frame’s dimensions rounded up for safety: 12 3/8” x 6 1/4”

I can't believe Tesla will allow the front camera to capture any part of a license plate and put it into production. ?‍♂

IMG_6218.jpeg

IMG_6219.jpeg
I have the Quick Bandit quick release front plate mount which mounts it lower than the stock one. I get my plate frame today and will see if using that mount with a frame blocks the camera. You can actually use that mount on the far left and right of the bottom grill which would for sure eliminate any camera issues.

https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/cyberbandit

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
We have a marvel theme for our Teslas. Wanda (red model 3), vision (grey model X), and magneto (CT). I kinda want to rename it to black panther after the wrap though….
Magneto, I love it! I named mine Phasma after Cpt. Phasma in StarWars.

Tesla Model 2 ? Cybertruck Silhouette License Plate Frame; laser etched on stainless steel IMG_6215

OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have the Quick Bandit quick release front plate mount which mounts it lower than the stock one. I get my plate frame today and will see if using that mount with a frame blocks the camera. You can actually use that mount on the far left and right of the bottom grill which would for sure eliminate any camera issues.

https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/cyberbandit
Like Batman, you’re the hero we need, not the one we deserve. ?

Please report back your findings. I also didn’t realize Quick Bandit has a Cybertruck version out already or are you using one for another model?

Last edited:

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Like Batman, you’re the hero we need, not the one we deserve. ?

Please report back your findings. I also didn’t realize Quick Bandit has a Cybertruck version out already or are you using one for another model?
No issues with the plate frame blocking camera with the Quick Bandit. Love the plate frame, nice job!

Yeah this one is CT specific.

Tesla Model 2 ? Cybertruck Silhouette License Plate Frame; laser etched on stainless steel IMG_2208

Tesla Model 2 ? Cybertruck Silhouette License Plate Frame; laser etched on stainless steel IMG_2207

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@T-1000 thank you for the pictures. It looks like I need to spend $150 soon on the quick bandit.

I’m glad you like the frame (y)
Now I need another plate frame for the back plate!