• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 1, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

ProtectaClear Before and After Photos / Results

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Tesla Model 2 ProtectaClear Before and After Photos / Results IMG_3037

Tesla Model 2 ProtectaClear Before and After Photos / Results IMG_3028

We got some fantastic results today on the CT! Cleaned and protected the frunk panel with ProtectaClear. Now I know, this look could be achieved with just cleaning but this finish protection will last for years. We will have videos ready on Monday.

https://www.everbritecoatings.com/tesla-cybertruck

Tesla Model 2 ProtectaClear Before and After Photos / Results 1

Tesla Model 2 ProtectaClear Before and After Photos / Results 3

Tesla Model 2 ProtectaClear Before and After Photos / Results 4

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
How are the finger prints after the coating?
The ones that were there are completely gone. I’m hoping @ehuna posts updates for us tomorrow and in the weeks to come.

Once the coating is cured the fingerprints are greatly diminished and can be wiped off with a simple rag (or your sleeve as you get out).

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Would really liked to have a camera locked off on a tripod with consistent lighting, some of these shots are so far off, light bouncing and degrees of angle really change the look from picture to picture.

Wildfortune

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Tri-motor C/T to replace my Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired to a Hobby Farm
Country flag
I'm confused. I still see fingerprints in the after photos. Did you try Windex to clean the fingerprints off first? And the color seems darker after treatment.

walendo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck-shaped vacant area
Country flag
I'm confused. I still see fingerprints in the after photos. Did you try Windex to clean the fingerprints off first? And the color seems darker after treatment.
Seems like the pics need labels. In the sub-groups of 4, it looks like upper left is before, bottom right is after cleaning and coating? But, yeah, confusing.

ehuna

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
The ones that were there are completely gone. I’m hoping @ehuna posts updates for us tomorrow and in the weeks to come.

Once the coating is cured the fingerprints are greatly diminished and can be wiped off with a simple rag (or your sleeve as you get out).
We are extremely happy with the results! We waited about a day, a few notes -
  • In the first video, you can see before how easy it is to get fingerprints on the cybertruck - and it's not that easy to remove them.
  • In the second video, you can see after the Protecta Clear has been applied - no fingerprints!

The kit includes everything you need, from the Protecta Clear itself, to gloves, microfiber cloths, and more.

Thank you Jackie and the whole @ProtectaClear team!

Note: I''m not associated with @ProtectaClear, I'm just a Cybertruck owner - see some pictures of my CB here:

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/took-delivery-of-our-cybertruck-heres-what-stood-out-so-far-with-cool-pictures-?.11792/

First video, before with water spots and fingerprints -

Second video, after applying Protecta Clear -

Last edited:

firstblackman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, 3, X, Y, i3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
IMG_3037.jpeg

IMG_3028.jpeg

We got some fantastic results today on the CT! Cleaned and protected the frunk panel with ProtectaClear. Now I know, this look could be achieved with just cleaning but this finish protection will last for years. We will have videos ready on Monday.

https://www.everbritecoatings.com/tesla-cybertruck

View attachment 37419 View attachment 37421

View attachment 37417

View attachment 37418

View attachment 37420
Here's old video showing the use of this product. It may be a good option..

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I'm interested in solutions to reduce the fingerprints but it's so hard to judge by pictures and videos in this thread - camera angels are always different, lighting is always different, exposure is always different. Very hard to determine if the product actually worked or this is snake oil. If you guys cant make accurate before and after pictures, how can we trust you with a chemical compound?

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Would really liked to have a camera locked off on a tripod with consistent lighting, some of these shots are so far off, light bouncing and degrees of angle really change the look from picture to picture.
I'm sorry about that, like I told @ehuna, we are coatings people, not photographers or videographers. And with the outdoor environment with the moving sun and the reflections from the stainless, it was difficult to reproduce exact environments. We do have application videos coming that are on a tripod from one angle, those should be ready on Tuesday. I changed the pictures in the first post to show the areas of biggest differences.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I'm interested in solutions to reduce the fingerprints but it's so hard to judge by pictures and videos in this thread - camera angels are always different, lighting is always different, exposure is always different. Very hard to determine if the product actually worked or this is snake oil. If you guys cant make accurate before and after pictures, how can we trust you with a chemical compound?
I understand your concerns, but it's because we are a coatings company and that is what we focus on, not necessarily photography. Also, I was trying to rush to get pictures out since people were anxious to see them and posted without enough context, that's my bad. I replaced them with more polished pictures that show the differences. But we have been selling our coatings for 30 years, you can't sell snake oil for that long. :)

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag

For the collective good of the CT community, I’m going to re-post this information from ideaXfactory every time I see someone recommend Windex for stainless steel:

Just to reiterate about using Windex, which seems to be often recommended on this forum..

"Windex does not recommend using their product for cleaning stainless steel. Windex contains ammonia. And repeatedly applying ammonia-based window cleaner to stainless steel can damage the glossy surface or encourage the development of rust."

https://www.mytidycorner.com/can-you-use-windex-on-stainless-steel/

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Ok sweet the before and after tell me to just PPF or wrap the car for the best result. Thanks for that
I get it, some people want the uniform look of a wrap or color (the chameleon color is sick!), even our first tester said ProtectaClear went on easy and did just what it promised, but he hated the uneven original factory finish, so he was going to wrap. Some people want to let it patina naturally. To each their own! ProtectaClear will just offer clear protection of the original finish, and we know that's not what everyone is looking for.